Grant Guidelines & Requirements
The entire application must be submitted digitally via email to [email protected] by
the deadline of February 23rd, 2023 at 4:00 PM CST.
If mailing a grant application packet it must be received by February 23rd, 2023 at 4PM
CST and mailed to Greene County Community Foundation PO Box 85 Jefferson, IA 50129. A
digital copy of the grant must also be emailed to [email protected].
If hand delivering the grant application packet it must be it must be dropped off to the
Journey Financial, LLC Office Home State Bank (115 West State Street in Jefferson), during
normal business hours. If hand delivering on February 23, 2023 it must be delivered by
4:00 PM. If hand delivering or mailing hard copies of the grant application packet,
submissions should include 5 complete copies of the grant application packets.
GREENE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION GRANT APPLICATION
- The grant application is available to download on December 1, 2022, or via email from [email protected] Completed applications must be submitted digitally via email by February 23, 2023 at 4PM CST. Grants can also be mailed to the to the Greene County Community Foundation PO Box 85 Jefferson, IA 50129 or dropped to the Journey Financial, LLC Office Home State Bank (115 West State Street in Jefferson), during normal business hours. If hand delivering on February 23, 2023 it must be delivered by 4:00 PM. Again, we encourage digital submission via email but will accept hard copies
- All applicants should be aware that their applications, and any required supporting materials, become public documents after submission. Non-profit organizations may need a letter of designation as a tax-exempt organization from the IRS, and a current Certificate of Existence from the Iowa Secretary of State stating that the applicant is an active Iowa non-profit. If the applicant organization files a federal IRS 990 or 990-N tax return, the Greene County Community Foundation may ask for a copy
- Letters or documentation of confirmed matching funds, on the letterhead of the funding source, would be appreciated. Please be aware that it may take several weeks to obtain these documents, so plan accordingly before submitting a grant.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU APPLY FOR?
The maximum grant request to Greene County Community Foundation is $35,000. Grants more than $35,000 must be submitted to Grow Greene County:
WHO CAN APPLY FOR Greene County Community Foundation Grants
- Organizations that serve the residents of Greene County
- Nonprofit organizations
- Government entities, such as municipalities, school districts, and county
- Groups sponsored by a government entity or another non-profit
- that agrees to manage the grant funds as a fiscal sponsor.
GREENE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION WILL GENERALLY NOT CONSIDER FUNDING REQUESTS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Ongoing annual operating expenses
- Any project at 100%
- Financial support for individuals or their families
- For-profit organizations or programs.
- Membership in civic or social organizations
- Endowment funds
- Projects directly related to religious worship
- Political activities
- Annual campaigns or capital campaigns for private organizations
- Fundraising events or activities – both private and public
GREENE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION GRANT–2023 GCCF GRANT APPLICATION
IF AWARDED A FOUNDATION GRANT
Grant awards are generally made once per year in April. Representatives will be encouraged to attend the Greene County Community Foundation Awards Night and must acknowledge the Foundation in project publicity & marketing related to the project for which they receive funds.
Grant recipients are required to complete a Project Completion Form by January 31st of the year following the year of the award. If they fail to do this, the recipients will not be eligible to receive additional grants from the Foundation.
GREENE COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION PROJECT
COMPLETION FORM — GCCF PROJECT COMPLETION FORM