Grant Guidelines & Requirements
Each year, the Greene County Foundation awards thousands of dollars in grants through competitive grants.
The mission of the Greene County Community Foundation (the “Foundation”) is to foster private giving, strengthen service providers and improve the overall well being of the county’s residents. The Foundation works to build its endowment fund which in turn provides grants to accomplish its goals. If you can help us with these goals we encourage you to submit a grant application that does one of the following:
- Supports strong, stable families and provides solid beginnings for children and youth.
- Serves as a catalyst for youth and recreational activities.
- Helps to promote elder care, support services and an active senior population.
- Promotes the health, education and vitality of the community.
- Addresses community needs for police, fire and emergency services.
- Assists in developing quality jobs, tourism and economic development.
- Helps make our community more attractive, livable and cohesive.
The Foundation will generally not consider funding requests for the following:
- Ongoing annual operating expenses.
- Grants to individuals, for-profit entities, and sectarian religious or political programs.
The Foundation also has these guidelines and requirements:
- Grant applications are available in November and are due in February, 2022.
- The maximum grant request is $35,000. The minimum is $1,000.
- Grant awards are normally made once per year in March and projects are normally completed by the end of the calendar year.
- Grant recipients must complete an evaluation form after their project is complete. If they fail to do this the recipients will not be eligible for future Foundation grants.
- Only the following entities can receive Foundation grants:
- Nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status.
- Government entities, such as cities, counties and schools.
- Groups sponsored by a government entity or another 501(c)(3) that agrees to manage the grant funds (the “Fiscal Sponsor”).
- No federal funds or Grow Greene County direct grants may be used as an in-kind match.
- All projects must take place within Greene County.
On line applications are accepted as well as a printable application form. This printable form is found by creating an account on Foundation’s website (forgreenecounty.org) and choose the Grant Application Form from the pull down Grants tab. In the upper right hand corner of the page, choose Download/Print for a printable or downloaded form. A fillable form will be available in the future. If you have any questions please call 515-386-2570 or visit the Journey Financial office at Home State Bank at 115 West State Street, Jefferson, Iowa.